Business Intelligence, Regulatory Reporting for Banking Sector
Primary Operations: India
Associated since: 2019
Development & implementation
Regulatory and MIS reports are being generated using legacy systems and without a central repository for data. With the response timelines are too little for manual intervention and causing huge delays and increased validation efforts due to errors. Management wanted to build a CDR/DW with good quality data and automate the report generations and submissions through one solution. Solution should implement a maker-checker option to validate the regulatory reports before submission. Solution should handle both XBRL and non-XBRL reports automatically and support to incorporate the changes that periodically appear in the XBRL formats.
- Multiple system for MIS, RBI reports
- Existing MIS system can provide numbers to the functional head, it cannot bestow decision making powers.
- No single DB (CDR) for implementing advanced analytics solutions
- Automation for RBI reports
- No advanced analytics to get proper KPIs in time
Solution, Technical Environment, Benefits
Solution / Project Engagement:
- Building unified data sources for analytics
- DQ assessment, completeness and correctness validation with channel management
- Designing the RBI ADF, MIS and other reports/dashboards.
- Web portal to provide the history of report, punching the data, performing the validations and downloading the reports.
- Drilldown dashboards to analyze each event with customized triggers and alerts
- Role based access to the reports and dashboards
SAS Banking analytics, SAS VA, Java, Oracle, Java Fullstack
- Automated report update with maker-checker
- Self-service BI
- Readymade dashboards
- Data warehouse – unified sources with future needs addressed